Recipe: Chai-Pumpkin Cookies
This recipe is all the flavors of fall wrapped up into a tray of perfectly fluffy cookies. Made with brown sugar, pumpkin pureé, and TAZO© Chai Tea latte concentrate, you’ll feel warm and fuzzy and ready for the leaves to change.
If you are not familiar with chai tea, it is a black tea-based tea drink that contains the warming flavors of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves. The spices are highlighted by a burst of black pepper and star anise. This bottle of TAZO© Chai Tea latte concentrate takes all of the flavors of a chai blend and steeps them with a small amount of water, making the flavor more concentrated. Then they add vanilla and honey to round out the flavors. The result is a decadent, smooth chai concentrate intended to be warmed with milk and sipped from a mug on a chilly fall morning.
We loved the flavors so much that we decided to mix them into a sweet, spicy, salty cookie that melts in your mouth and warms you up right away. We hope you enjoy!
- ½ c Butter, at room temperature
- ½ c White sugar
- ¼ c Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ c TAZO chai tea concentrate
- ¼ c pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, work the butter (room temperature) into both sugars until it is a crumbly, sandy texture.
- Beat 1 egg, and mix it into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Then, add in the pumpkin puree and the Tazo© Chai tea latte concentrate.
- In a separate bowl, begin combine dry ingredients.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and coarse salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly, stirring well in between.
- Once the dough has formed, give it a little taste. I suggest tasting the dough before adding the vanilla because the chai concentrate already has a strong vanilla/spice flavor.
- If you wish, add in 1 tsp. of vanilla and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, mix together equal parts (approximately 1 tblsp.) of salt and white sugar.
- Then add about 1.5 or 2 tsp. of cinnamon.
Cool before baking:
- Using a disher, evenly portion balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a generous portion of the sweet and salty dust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Bake in a 375º oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
When you take them out of the oven, they will have puffed up a bit, and should be semi-firm. They will be soft and pillowy in the middle.
We hope you enjoy! Use the links below to follow us Instagram and Facebook for more great recipes and updates!